"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to Software Development on Codidact!

Will you help us build our independent community of developers helping developers? We're small and trying to grow. We welcome questions about all aspects of software development, from design to code to QA and more. Got questions? Got answers? Got code you'd like someone to review? Please join us.

Comments on Asking software architecture related questions on Software Development community

Asking software architecture related questions on Software Development community

+8
−0

Context

Over the years I had a hard time addressing questions about software architecture like these ones .

Soon after posting them, they receive a couple of downvotes and close votes which set the message that these are not welcomed in that community.

One comment indicated that the community is against all sort of "pros and cons" related questions.

However, one experienced user pointed out that there is a chronical issue with the community de facto rejecting "not so bad questions" (i.e. can be improved with a relative small effort).

Main issue

I would like to know if this type of questions is welcomed on Software Development Codidact. For me it was quite a frustration to not be able to address them and also feel welcomed and I never understood why. These are an important part of any senior developer's job: understanding the pros and cons of various software architectures.

Question: Are software architecture related questions welcomed on Software Development community?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (3 comments)
General comments
Moshi‭ wrote over 3 years ago

Short answer: Yes

Alexei‭ wrote over 3 years ago

@Moshi I am glad. Thanks.

Lundin‭ wrote over 3 years ago

This is one of the things I'm hoping there will be a place for on this site or another Codidact one. Program design is complex and every programmer needs it.