"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Software Development on Codidact!

Will you help us build our independent community of developers helping developers? We're small and trying to grow. We welcome questions about all aspects of software development, from design to code to QA and more. Got questions? Got answers? Got code you'd like someone to review? Please join us.

Comments on Splitting a large HTML file into two or more HTML files without JavaScript

Parent

Splitting a large HTML file into two or more HTML files without JavaScript

+2
−2

I am developing a modular HTML-PHP-CSS no-JavaScript (JavaScriptless) contact form and the HTML is becoming increasingly large, around 80 lines (and could easily grow to be significantly larger as to say 160 lines), many of which are currently very broad (due to many HTML attributes and nesting) and require horizontal scrolling to edit, which is uncomfortable and raises the chance for typos which could break the code.

Is there a way to split the HTML file into several HTML files without JavaScript and without PHP (an HTML-only soulution)?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

3 comment threads

Just Add Line Breaks (9 comments)
I am not exactly sure whether you are asking for a PHP-based or purely HTML-based solution. You didn'... (3 comments)
use iframe (1 comment)
−0

You can not do it with HTML only. In the past there was HTML Imports, but it is Obsolete since Chrome 73 according to MDN and deprecated in Chrome 80.

You might want to use iFrame.

However I have seen iFrame is miss used as well. It should be never used as an integral part of your site, but as a piece of content within your site.

Since you have access to backend as PHP, You might implement HTML file via Include Or via Require.

Or you might want to use JavaScript Solution to add your HTML file.

Programmer Side Note: as @manassehkatz‭ mentioned. 80 lines of code is not a big project. so, Good Luck and Happy Coding!

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

I have never known that HTML imports even existed before this answer was posted. Back in the days whe... (2 comments)
I have never known that HTML imports even existed before this answer was posted. Back in the days whe...
Alexei‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

I have never known that HTML imports even existed before this answer was posted. Back in the days when I was working with PHP, I solely relied only on includes.

Kevin M. Mansour‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

Yes, there is HTML Imports but I have never tried them in a project before. Although they are deprecated since Chrome 80 (~ February 2020). Personally, I do not like PHP so much these days but since the OP mentioned that the Contact form depend on PHP as backend, so I think it is a good idea. I do not why the OP do not want to use JavaScript as JavaScript is the language of the Web.