"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Welcome to Software Development on Codidact!

Will you help us build our independent community of developers helping developers? We're small and trying to grow. We welcome questions about all aspects of software development, from design to code to QA and more. Got questions? Got answers? Got code you'd like someone to review? Please join us.

Comments on Storing input from different frontend webpages of a multi page contact form

Storing input from different frontend webpages of a multi page contact form

+0
−3

I consider to create a multi page contact form in which there is one backend page but about 5 front-end pages (stage 1-5). Pages 1-4 are input pages and page 5 is for a submit button and a success message.

I understand that I can save the data of each stage (before the form submit in stage 5) in either of the following:

• Cookie
  • LocalStorage
  • SessionStorage

How should I determine which of these Web browser data storages would best fit my need?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

How would one determine anything? (4 comments)
Application type (2 comments)
How would one determine anything?
elgonzo‭ wrote over 2 years ago · edited over 2 years ago

Based on all the requirements of your project (current and expected) with respect to the information you want to store/maintain and your business rules relating to it, look at whether the functionality provided by each technology/method satisfies your requirements. How else would you determine a choice between candidates if not by comparing their features/functionality against given requirements and/or desires?

deleted user wrote over 2 years ago

In a "simple" case such as a typical contact form, I would expect for some advice based on developing similar piece of software.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

elgonzo‭ wrote over 2 years ago · edited over 2 years ago

My comment was advice. Maybe unexpected, but still advice. If there is nothing more to it then it being a "simple" case, then choose either of the three. The differences between them won't matter much in simple cases. Your question sounds very much like "Which car should i use if i want to drive around the road a bit: a sedan, a station wagon, or a minivan?" The answer is, of course: "Take any one you like that's available to you." What deeper insights do you expect?

deleted user wrote over 2 years ago

I don't know if you are right that there would be no benefit for using one above the other for a simple contact form so I can't reply about any "expected deeper insights".