"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to Software Development on Codidact!

Will you help us build our independent community of developers helping developers? We're small and trying to grow. We welcome questions about all aspects of software development, from design to code to QA and more. Got questions? Got answers? Got code you'd like someone to review? Please join us.

Comments on Is this a good fit for Code Reviews, and if so, how to best post it?

Parent

Is this a good fit for Code Reviews, and if so, how to best post it?

+6
−0

I've just dived into pygame and written a little game in it, of which I'd like a review (it's my first try of pygame). However I'm not sure if it is a good fit for the site, and if so, how exactly I should post it.

First, the rules ask for complete code. Here's what wc says about all the Python files:

27   115   846 colours.py
  113   403  3663 objects.py
   54   140   888 settings.py
  239   641  7970 uboot.py
  433  1299 13367 total

As you see, the code in total has more than 400 lines, and more than 13 kilobytes. I fear that might be too large. On the other hand, if I'd only post parts of the code, it would no longer be complete.

If it is not too large, I wonder how exactly I should post it. Should I do one code block per file? Or should I subdivide it, e.g. to one code block per function (but then, most functions are in classes; how to handle that in this case)?

Also, the code uses three images; I wonder if I should post them, too. They are fairly small (and of negligible artistic value); however the code will not work without them.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

0 comment threads

−0

400 lines is not that big, it should be fine to post the complete program below the Code Reviews post category.

I'd post it as separate code formatted blocks with one block per file indeed. A reviewer can then fairly easily reproduce the project. Plus then you'll get a review on the overall design and file structure as well. Alternatively you could give a Github link or similar.

Include everything else that's relevant too, like compiler options, pictures, requirements, use-cases.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

Thank you. I'm going to post soon. (1 comment)
Thank you. I'm going to post soon.
celtschk‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Thank you. I'm going to post soon.